Magnification loupes are an essential tool for every dental hygienist. They are designed to
protect your eyes and magnify the working area.
Why Hygienists need Loupes?
- Reduced eye, neck and back fatigue
- Enhanced view of your instruments
- Better visualization of the oral cavity
- Increased patient confidence and
Dental Loupes will enable you to move your head within this range, with no loss of focus. You will
be able to see the entire arch of the mouth rather than just a few teeth.
What kind of loupes should hygienists choose?
Since most hygiene procedures do not require high magnification, we recommend 2.5x Flip-Up
loupes for dental hygienists.
The benefits of Flip-Up loupes are:
- Loupes can be flipped up for charting and flipped down for procedures.
- Easy to change prescription lenses.
- Less expensive that Through The Lens Loupes
If your priority is light weight, then TTL may be best for you, which weight only 2 oz.
How to measure working distance
Selecting the optimum working distance will
posture and focal distance. We offer a choice
of various working distances. You will be
prompted to choose your distance when you
To calculate your specific working distance,
patients teeth while maintaining an ergonomic